Sunday, May 6, 2018

Weekend Vibes

Ahhh Sunday night.  The dreaded countdown to Monday is happening, plans for the week orchestrating, taking deep breaths to prepare for preschool for the week (haha)...

But aren't Sundays the best? They don't ever feel as crazy as Saturday, even though it's still the weekend, right? I'd be lying if I said nine times out of 10 we are in jammies all day long, have no routine, have way too much screen time & junk food, and maybe if we are feelin' froggy after, of course, a Sunday nap we might go to the park or play outside.
I'm not much for football but I happen to love Sundays in particular during football season because Alex almost always smokes something delicious and there's yummy beers and snacks involved with Sunday night football....
My sister Legena came over Friday night to hang out for a bit. Cooper just absolutely loves his "geegee" so when she comes over it's always always the best. It's been so wonderful having her live so close by the last year or so. She really is my best friend.

Alex made winnnnngggggssssss *drool*.  I love his wings. I could seriously eat about 20...thousand of them. Oh and Harmon's cheeseballs? Yeah lets just go ahead and hashtag #reasonswhyImfat
Took Legena home, and came back to watch the Jazz lose...#gojazz
Playoffs are intense.

SATURDAYYYY aka Cinco De Mayo
We did much adulting.  Ready for this? We made a giant loop to South Jordan, Sandy, and Murray making...RETURNS on items!!

JC Penny
Target
Buy Buy Baby
DXL

This is what adulthood is like. You have returns. From multiple stores. You'll stockpile them and memorize return policies. And you actually return the items because, that's money!! I never thought I'd see the day. This is horrifying.

Came home, napped (obvi) and then we did what any culture appreciating American did and drank Mexican beer and had Mexican food.  But now that I think about it, we had Navajo tacos...Indian tacos? Indian Mexican? Okay apparently we didn't celebrate.
But James & Shantelle and the boys came over for tacos, and for haircuts and to color their hair.
Those boys are hilarious.
Kam & Josh finally let me give them a gentlemen's haircut and it looked amazing on them.  Josh had me bleach just the top of his hair...which apparently is 'in', and subsequently made him look like a YouTuber I've never heard of so the other boys and Alex called him "Josh Paul" the rest of the night.
#iDontgetit




Kam had me color his top part aqua. Which again, apparently made him look like a YouTuber I'd never heard of...


Anyway, I didn't get a picture of Nicks hair because honestly it turned out awful because he just wanted me to streak it blue and it just didn't look right. This morning we ended up painting the whole top of his hair blue. These boys crack me up.
They stayed the night, and had me watch some YouTube videos of some people they follow.  The only thing I kept thinking when watching these YouTubers that are appealing to such a young demographic (my nephews are 9, 11, and 13) is that my friends and I did videos or "vlog" type videos on our digital cameras all the time when we were teenagers/early adults. WHY DIDN'T WE CASH IN ON YOUTUBE FAME?!?!?!? Seriously! Talk about being five years too early for a trend. UGH!
It just wasn't a thing back then. People used YouTube to watch music videos or movie/tv clips and stuff.  I get a little salty about it because, not to brag, but with my immature early adulthood charm I would've been a YouTube sensation...probably because I was so ridiculous and pretentious. Facepalm. Maybe it's good I never had the opportunity. I would hate to have my stupidity documented in the interwebs. I'll stick to shaking my head when my Facebook "on this day" memories pop up and relive my shitty moments in private.

After they made me watch shitty youtube videos, I made them watch The Greatest Showman.  I can't even express how much I love this movie. Cooper even loves it. He asks for 'the circus movie' every day, and wants to listen to the soundtrack any chance he gets. We are two peas in a pod. I'm so happy he shares the same love for it as I do. Theater was something I always loved in Jr High and High School, but sort of fell away from once I started gaining a little more 'freedom' from my home life and could go out and mess around with friends. So watching this film reminds me of those days when I had parts in the school plays, and took theater in school as often as I could.

SUNDAY!!

I got to sleep in this morning.. SCORE! Frankie is a good little sleeper. She will wake up once a night usually and then go back to sleep til about 9-10am. She's incredible! The boys stayed the night so Alex got up with Cooper and made the boys waffles...when I woke up at 9:30 he said he made waffles and I was like YOU DID?!! Never even knew haha. It was so nice sleeping in. SO SO NICE.

Got up, Starbucks, did Nicks hair again, boys went home, Alex went to get a tattoo. Coop & Frankie and I hung out did lunch, naps, cleaned, and then when Alex came home he brought Legena and Arianna. I did Legena's hair and it turned out gorgeous! Alex made burgers for us, Cooper and Arianna played, and it just overall was a chill and relaxing day.

Nothing hip hop happnin about the weekend, but ya know what? It was amazing. I love simple. I love low key. I love no stress. I love when things just flow, and that's just what it did this weekend.  It flowed.

We are going to Grand Junction to Vanessa's graduation next weekend, and then I go back to work on the 15th. I'm excited to get back to work just to have a sense of alternate purpose than from being a mom! haha. Its been a glorious eight weeks with my kiddos, but I'm excited to get back to the grind.

Anywho, not much for a blog. Pretty non eventful, but going back and reading this in a few years I'll be glad I wrote about it and I know it will bring a smile to my face. Which is why I blog. It makes me smile.

Speaking of blogging making me smile...
My next post will be about what Alex did for me for an early Mother's Day, and how thoughtful it was.

BYE!




No comments:

Post a Comment