Friday, May 18, 2018

And The Blog Goes On

I said on my last blog I'd be blogging about what Alex so thoughtfully did for me for Mother's Day this year.

No shade - this has been the best Mother's Day that he has given me. For it not even being Mother's Day yet...that's something, right?

I've been feeling stuck lately. It's almost felt like an identity crisis. When I typed that I capitalized the I in identity...that's how relevant it feels..el oh el.

Granted I have been on maternity leave with TWO kids. So my whole life for the last seven weeks has been nothing but

MOMMY MOMMY
CRY CRY
HIT
SOB
TANTRUM
PISSED
BLOWOUTS
DIAPERS
BOTTLES
FUSSINESS
SNACKS
NAPS (perk)
MOMMY MOMMY

There's been a LOT of happy moments, a ton of mom wins, don't get me wrong. The good days always out weigh the bad, but it doesn't mean I don't constantly feel like, "man, what am I but a snack grabber and butt changer?"

Any way, in the midst of my identity crisis I had a break down to Alex about how I wish I had something for myself, and how I loved writing and how much I miss blogging and writing...

The next day I text Alex from bed as he was getting ready and said, "Plz don't leave me with the kids..."

He felt terrible that he had to go to work.  I know that if he could, he always would 10/10 times work from home if he could.

Anyway he obviously had to go to work, but he text me later and said he got me a surprise. 

On his way home (which is a 35-40min drive) he asked if I'd gotten my surprise from earlier in the day yet.  I hadn't, so I thought he was playing with me in that he wanted me to expect something delivered when he really had something he was going to give me when he got home.  Our call got cut short for some reason, and while it did there was knock at our door. 
                 It was a flower delivery!! I was so shocked and surprised. I instantly welled up with tears. Knowing how hard of a week I had, and knowing that I conveyed that hard week to Alex and he felt so bad that he wanted to do something sweet for me...just made me so emotional.  It still does and I'm writing this blog almost two weeks later!

The note attached to the flowers was perfect, and  I have it sitting by my work computer...it said "just so you know you're the best wife and mom in the whole world, love alex"
*queue tears*

When he got home I immediately greeted him with a kiss and hug saying how much I loved the flowers.  He then said that he had gotten my Mother's Day present, and asked me if I wanted it now or on Mothers Day.  At this point it was over a week to Mother's Day, but we both knew we'd be out of town on the actual day and not be able to celebrate in the way we probably would have had we not been out of town.  I said duh, I want my present now!

He said, "Well I have part of it.  The other part won't be in stock til next week." He then gave me a laptop case.  He has known that I have been wanting to write, blog, and just be weird on the internet like normal people for some time, but recently I have talked about wanting to blog and how a laptop would help me be able to do that.  Writing has always been so therapeutic for me, and heaven knows I've needed lots of therapy lately!

I was SO SURPRISED!! He knew I would never go out and get a laptop on my own.  He knew no matter now much I talked about wanting a laptop so I could blog and write that I would never spend that kind of money on myself to do it.  So when he pulled out the laptop case and said he had gotten me a laptop I was ecstatic. He said he had left the reciept in the car and wanted to go grab it to show me the kind of laptop he got me. He went outside to the car, and came back in and said, "Ah I can't find the receipt, but it's okay I'll just give you your present now." And he gave me a brand new Chromebook laptop!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I just couldn't believe it.  I haven't had a laptop since my Macbook that was from 2010.  To me that thing is still brand new, haha! But I don't use it at all except for storing and finding old photos from 2010-2012.

So here I am blogging this blog at 1am on a work night - yikes....but I love it. I love writing. The accomplishment and satisfaction that comes from writing a piece is always so gratifying.  It fulfills me.

I love my gift. I love that Alex knows me so well that this is something I would love.

Blog on...




No comments:

Post a Comment