My doctor appointment last week I was showing signs of preeclampsia. High blood pressure and protein in my urine. My doctor is wonderful and will do an ultrasound next week to see where we are, and if my symptoms are still there they will do other tests and see if they need to induce. As much as I want my little man here, I want it to be on his time and when he's ready. Not because of complications. I'm hoping my symptoms disappear and he will just come when he's ready.
My hormones have been out of control the last few weeks. I cried over Christmas songs, gifts, news articles, when I yell at the dogs, and just about everything else. But I just wanted to write about something that really got my tears flowing today.
From the time in my pregnancy where I started to feel movement I have always wanted Alex to feel. He has felt Cooper move just a handful of times, and more recently he can actually see my stomach moving if we are sitting on the couch or something. He felt him have the hiccups the other day and he just laughed because it was so funny. I've loved it when he feels him. It's just about as real as it gets for him until Cooper actually gets here, and so it's just been very meaningful and important to me to have him experience feeling him from time to time.
This morning I was giving Alex a ride to work and he said to me, "I was weird last night while you were sleeping. I just touched your belly for about 45 minutes."
He said Cooper was moving like crazy, and he just laid there and felt him. Not even weird! I don't like crying in front of Alex because I've been doing it so much, but after I dropped him off I lost it. It was a moment I wish I had been awake for, but it was so special to me to feel like he just had a moment with Cooper. Just daddy and son. No prompting by me, no feeling of disappointment if he stopped moving. Just Alex being present in that moment and taking that in is such a sweet thought to me. I can't even explain it.
I've always felt so safe with this man and I know there's nothing in the world he wouldn't do for me. He is going to be the best daddy ever. I never had any doubts. But it's moments like that that remind me of how lucky I am. And how lucky Cooper is.
I love my boys so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment