Saturday, September 3, 2011

Little miss Anna, sugar me

Alex and I went to Def Leppard on Wednesday night.  It was my 3rd time seeing them live, and Alex's very first.
We live just a block away from Usana amphitheater, which is cool because we can just walk to the venue when there's a show we are seeing.  But it can suck too because when we are trying to get home from work, and there is a concert, traffic is a mother effer.
They came with another 80's band, Heart, who I have never heard of and thought it was a dude singing the entire time.  I will say that when we were walking through the parking lot I did hear the lyrics and music that went like "These dreams . . . something something something . . . every moment of the night. . . .something something something. . . these dreams", and I got all excited and was like OH I KNOW THIS SONG! Turns out I only know like, 3 words. Oh well.
We then proceeded to find some lawn seats that were decent. It was easy because it was just the two of us, and we didn't bring our camping gear like everyone else.
Then we saw these guys
 a whole slew of dudes lookin like Def Leppard 80s style. So funny. Everyone was crowding around them to get pics with them, and this one one of the many drunk ladies must have gotten pissed because she chucked two cups of $8 beers at them! Yeah there was almost a fight, but there wasnt. 
Moving on. . . . 

Husband and I took this pic of ourselves having a jolly time

Then my brother Josh text and said "Hey just so you know, it's Def Leppard keeping you up tonight!" I thought he said that because where as I live so close to Usana, we can always hear it from inside the house.
I then, wanting to rub it in his face that I was there, sent him this picture
and I said "yeah I know..." I then found out that he was front row somewhere, and he generously offered me to take his ticket for one song.  The show was almost over so I passed.  But I was like, oh good thing I don't care that you didn't even bother telling anyone you were coming to SLC for Def Leppard. 

Anyway, it was a great time. These guys are so freakin old, I just love how they can still ROCK OUT!! Phil still plays guitar without his shirt on, and I can't help but el oh el.  The drummers arm still hasn't grown back.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment